Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tomorrow is another day

I have to be honest: I haven't run since Dec. 17.

1. I was back in Minnesota where it's too damn cold to run outside in December.
2. I finally came down with a full-fledged cold after a few weeks of headache-y goodness.
3. I spent new years weekend in Portland going to rock shows, drinking and staying out all night.

But tomorrow is another day.

Anyway, I forgot to include a few critical things in the FAQ.

By the sound of your reactions, a few of you are a little bit disgusted by the bleeding nipples, blackened toenails aspect of running a marathon. Well, here's another pleasant thought: some people have been known to, um, crap themselves whilst running. I don't know how common this is, but it's something that I will ask the Saturday morning training instructors about and report back.

I'm loosely using the book "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer" to prepare for the race. I just glanced at it for the first time in a few months. I now think it will be good for more psychological preparedness than physical training.

Lastly, I am not running the marathon with a specific finish time in mind. My goal is simply to cross the finish line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home