Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Heartbeat of America


My car was damaged again in a slow-speed collision in the grocery store parking lot about a week ago. It was completely the other guy's fault, so his insurance is paying for it. I dropped off my car to get fixed this morning and got a gold Chevy Malibu (hott).

There is something deeply satisfying about cruising down I-5 in a big, ridiculous American rental car. Maybe it's because the car's about twice the size of the Civic. Or maybe it's because these cars always seem to have really bass-y stereos.

Enroute to my errand, I heard the new Arctic Monkeys. Then some Black Eyed Peas song with a surf guitar sample; this song would be my 3 a.m., dancing on the coffee table anthem were I still at the U. I capped it off with Fighter by X-Tina -- it made me want to pull the 'bu over and shadowbox. Or something.

Today: 60 minute walk or bike
Tomorrow: 60 treadmill run

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

I'm sorry, maybe I missed something -- but what does this have to do with marathon training?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

YES!!!

"X-tina" wow. Great song, man. Still can't get into the horrible Black Eyed Peas. No sir.

(which Arctic tune was it?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home