Friday, February 24, 2006

My grocery store blares Wilson Phillips when no one's paying attention. Or, whaddya lookin' at?


I just got back from the grocery store near my house. I needed bananas, Eggos and milk for my 5:30 a.m. pre-run gorging.
I was the only customer there, and, as I picked through the dismal banana selection, I sang along a little with Wilson Phillips' "Hold On," which was playing at full volume over the PA. It was awesome. Plus, it made me think of the video where the girls are sitting on a mountain top, and they all have haircuts like Melrose Place characters.
On the four-block walk home, I stopped to pick up a rental information sheet at an apartment/condo/miscellaneous living quarters. When I looked up there were three high school aged indie rock kids standing in a nearby entry way, staring at me. I needed to walk by them to get home, and it was really awkward, so I blurted, "Hey! How ya guys doing tonight!" They mumbled, in unison, "Uh, pretty good." And I was on my way.

Today: walk
Tomorrow: 5-mile tempo run in Olympia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home