Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A little overhaul never hurt anyone


I've made some changes to the blog, as you might have noticed. The name has been slightly changed -- no more "'06" because it didn't really matter what year it is. Plus, I don't plan to have a running project in '07.

I've also added a pop-up countdown clock on the sidebar. Now you can see how many seconds I am away from the marathon. Neat, huh?

Also included: more links, a small Oprah shrine and one Sonic Youth-inspired sidebar header.

On an unrelated note, the mid-day CNN host just said, "Willie's getting all 'Brokeback Mountain' on us," regarding Nelson's new song that, you know, says there's some gay cowboys and he's OK with that.

I'm not sure I want my news anchors to say things like, "Getting all (fill in the blank) on us." It would be like Bob Schieffer saying, "Then Bill Frist was all, 'We're going to pass these tax cuts'," but Harry Reid was like, "Ohhhh, you did *not* just say that!" Can't they deliver the news in a way that's not stuffy, but doesn't sound like something a 14-year-old girl would say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home