Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm starting to get a little nervous. But first, look at my new toy!



So, I finally tried to use the free Fun(!)Cam that Comcast gave me when I signed up for high-speed internet. This photo is the result. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell it works. I promise a virtual tour of my apartment real soon. I wanna show off my multicolor walls.

Yesterday's run sucked. I think it was because I didn't get much sleep the night before. One of those nights where I laid in bed and my mind just ran wild with all sorts of thoughts. (I never had trouble sleeping until last year when I was living in D.C.) Anyway, we ran a five-mile tempo run. What *is* that, you ask? There were two one-mile sections marked off in the five-mile course where we were instructed to run a little bit faster than our normal speed. I did it, but I couldn't quite figure out what a little bit faster than normal was for me without running full bore.

Next Saturday is 12 miles. That's farther than I've ever ran, for those of you keeping score at home. Both my IT Bands hurt now, and I fear that I'm not eating properly for the amount that I'm running. I learned a new IT band stretch, and we got a lecture on eating -- what to eat, when to eat it, etc. -- yesterday, but I'm getting a bit nervous. The rubber has met the road, I think.

Today: no exercise. day off.
Tomorrow: 60 minutes on the bike or power walk.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Your hair is awesome! You are awesome! Hang in there; you are an inspiration to us all. (Yes, I speak for all of us.) Just caught up with your entire blog, LOL'd many times and interrupted my partner's book-immersion many times to share your witticisms. Hope your dad's back to feeling a-ok ... I know it's hard to be away from family when stuff like that happens. I will not let myself fall behind on your blog again; it's far too taxing to my soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home