Friday, February 10, 2006

Opening the Olympia Run Project mailbag



In response to "I drove to Winnipeg and Chicago to see shows on the final tour. About six and half hours to each city. Each way. (I held up a sign at the Winnipeg show that Billy read and responded to.)", Brianna writes: What did your sign say?

Dear Brianna,

Thanks for writing. Please accept this copy of my wildly unsuccessful solo record, "Can I Borrow a Feeling?"

In regards to your question, the sign said, "SP (with the heart logo, of course) please play Drown" and the other side said "Thank You." Drown is their song from the Singles soundtrack. They were closing their shows with that or Mayonaise, which they had done a couple months earlier at the Northrop. I wanted to hear Drown cuz it has a wicked awesome solo and it's really long.

Towards the end of the set, I stood not too far back in the crowd and held my sign up in between songs. It took a few songs, but Billy glanced my way and said "Yes, we're going to play Drown." And the crowd cheered. And I peed myself a little bit.

Best,

Paul

Today: 60-90 minutes outdoor(!) walk
Tomorrow: Five mile "tempo" run with the Oly gang (Watch for the explainer post on what a "tempo" run is)

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

Awesome. Don't sell yourself short on that solo record. It's huge in Japan.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

Awesome. Don't sell yourself short on that solo record. It's huge in Japan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home