Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I asked my brother tonight if our Dad had a heart attack. He said that, yes, that's what they consider it.

It hadn't really occurred to me today when I was talking with my mom and sister that he had a heart attack. I didn't even ask. Somehow I just thought it was chest pains. But chest pains don't require non-invasive surgeries and stents. Heart attacks do.

I guess I'm a little bit freaked out and scattered by this whole thing. My Dad is going to be fine, thankfully. There's little to no damage to his heart muscle because of this incident. He's in the hospital, where he watched the State of the Union tonight.

It's just hard to be 1,596 miles (but who's counting?) from home when things go sideways with your family or friends. Except for blogging about it this morning I didn't tell anyone today. I feel comfortable writing about it, but I just don't want to talk about it.

Today: 60 minutes on the bike
Wednesday: 60 minutes on treadmill

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

I know how you feel. I am sorry, Paul. Damn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home