Tuesday, January 24, 2006

IT Band 2: My knee is healed! Sort of.

When I finished running eight miles on a treadmill the other day I noticed right away that something was wrong. Or rather I noticed right away that something wasn't wrong: my left knee felt fine.

I've been running outside on concrete and asphalt since July, and I've had the IT band problems since September. This treadmill development is welcome.

I can use the exercise room at work anytime I want, but unfortunately it means more work than just getting out of bed and running from my front door. It means driving and showing a badge and punching a pass code and running/looking like I'm in extreme pain in the presence of people I work with.

But if I can use the treadmill on Wednesdays, that means running only once a week (!) outside in the Saturday group runs. And that means my knee might hold up for the marathon.

I just realized this post is very boring. Deal with it.

Today: 45 minutes of cycling.
Tomorrow: 60 minutes of running, possibly on a treadmill

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Hey, go you! No pain! Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home