Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tuesday morning nervous energy


My laundry is done. My dishes are washed and put away. My living room is picked up and organized.

I've been up since 9. I could hear my phone vibrating as I was waking up. When I finally looked at the display it read: 7 missed messages.
My brother left me two messages saying our dad had been hospitalized and had a "procedure" to unblock one of the arteries near his heart. Apparently he had 100 percent blockage in the artery. He complained about some pain at 8 p.m. yesterday, but then it went away. He woke up at 2 a.m. today and my mom drove him to the emergency room.

So, my family is at the St. Cloud hospital right now. Dad's finished with the procedure and just resting. They are conducting tests and making sure things are okay. He might be able to walk tomorrow, and possibly go home in a few days, according to my mom.

I promised myself when I started this blog that it wouldn't be an open diary for my friends and family. I didn't want to air my dirty laundry or share all my secrets and thoughts with anyone with a computer and my blog address. But I decided I needed to share this.

(Left to right in the photo: my cousin Kyle, me, Dad. Snapped a week ago.)

Yesterday: 60 minutes on the stationary bike
Today: 60 minutes more on the bike
Tomorrow: 60 minutes on the treadmill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home