Friday, March 24, 2006

Some things that have happened in the past 24 hours


*Last night I went to a cartoon-y metal bar for a work friend's birthday. A band was playing when I got there -- I think their name was Embrace of Death, or something -- and everyone in the group I was meeting was really drunk. I bought a drink, sat in the back and watched this band, who played an odd mix of speed metal and 4 Non Blondes(?). The lead singer's voice was of the guttural variety, as in, "I'd like some scrambled eggs, wheat toast and coffee, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccckkk!!"The band amused me for a while, but I started looking around this bar. It had a flames of hell motif, and could seem kind of badass, I guess. Except it wasn't. The birthday girl did a song with the band, which was hilarious. I stayed until bar close and then went and got some food.

*My butt and upper leg muscles hurt real bad lately. I'm not sure exactly what's going on with them. My running buddy mentioned that I could try sitting on tennis balls and rolling around instead of massaging my butt all day at work, which, as many of you might know, can lead to some awkwardness. So I bought a can of three Wilson tennis balls today. (By the way, why do they seal tennis ball cans? Is it like a can of Chef Boyardee? Will they spoil if they aren't cut off from fresh air?) It's seemed to help a little bit, but I can't help but feel like an animal rubbing his head on a tree or fence post.

*When in the hell did breakfast cereal get so expensive? I box of Honeynut Cheerios for $5? Did I accidentally stumble into Chechnya instead of my neighborhood Safeway? I bought instead the generic "bagged" cereal that has the ghetto shelf placement, i.e. next to your feet.

Tomorrow: 5-mile tempo run

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home