Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Three songs I heard today. Plus, Al Franken's Senate campaign platform revealed!


+ I highly recommend "Gold Lion," the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs excellent new single. Karen O belts it out, but the crazy, angular electric guitars have been replaced with acoustic grit.

+ Is T Pain this generation's answer to Motley Crue? His tune "I'm in Love with a Stripper" (yes, that's the song's actual title) carries on in the Crue's storied tradition of stripper love, while aping a generous amount of R. Kelly's "literal song title/speak singing" double threat. Sample lyrics: "Got the body of a goddess/ Got eyes butterpecan brown I see you girl/Droppin Low/She Comin Down from the ceiling/To the floor/Yeah She Know what she doin/Yeah yeah yeah/She doin that right thang/Yeah yeah yeah/I Need to get her over to my crib and do that night thang/Cause I'm in love with a stripper"

+ Who knew Prodigy was still together? Not me. I heard a remix of one of their songs (don't know which one, and I'm not bothering to look it up) while running on the treadmill tonight. It was a pretty good song with some sweet drums and synth stuff, and it, in the words of Chuck Klosterman, made me want to drive my car into an active volcano. I imagine the song would be roughly seven times more enjoyable had I heard it while high on low-grade Mexican ecstacy, twirling a glowstick in a warehouse somewhere outside of Tempe.

+ Al Franken made a hilarious appearance on The Colbert Report tonight in which he said something to the effect of "Everyone knows that Minnesotans are the best." He's still not saying if he'll run for the Senate in 2008, but at least he knows how to stroke egos. Also, he told his joke that if he decides to run he'll be the only New York Jew in the race who actually grew up in Minnesota. Ba-dum-dum

Today: 60-minute run
Tomorrow: 60-minute power walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home