Saturday, March 04, 2006

I have chosen to stay and fight.


So, 14 miles through the beautiful environs of Olympia, huh?

Yep, and I made it. The first half was pretty unenjoyable. My legs were stiff and sore from a long walk yesterday, which included climbing a large hill. I ate a "Tri Berry" Gu packet and stretched out a bit at the second water stop somewhere near the 6-7 mile mark. Afterwards, I felt much better. I ate another with about 2-3 miles to go. The Gu helped but not really in the way I thought it would. It didn't make me run faster or anything like that. I think it helps keep you from completely depleting your body's energy because I feel less spent today than after the "Gu-less" 12-miler of a few weeks back.

I'm going to tackle the 16-miler this Friday, a week before schedule. I'm doing this because I'll be traveling the following weekend and will miss the training group run.

Today: ran 14 miles
Tomorrow: off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home