Sunday, March 26, 2006

Never a day late, but ... Plus, so about this whole marathon thing ...


We've got lots of catching up to do, rabbits.

I just got back from the grocery where, among other things, I bought, you guessed it, bananas! Anyway, I go up to the cashier. He rings up my purchases, and the total comes to $4.77. I only have four one-dollar bills, and a ten, which I break. Then I laugh and say, "This is the third time this has happened in the past three days. I'm always a dollar short. That can't be good." The guy says, "Yeah" in that way that says "You and me both, man. You and me both."

I also bought a bag of ice to try and soothe my leg muscles. Yesterday's run was a little touch and go, even though it was a baby 5-miler. The muscle right below my left knee was just *tight* the whole time. Rock-solid and really unpleasant-feeling. Plus, I have some strange pain where my butt meets my back, mostly on my right side. It hurts as I type this because I'm sitting in a chair. Driving my car is the worst though. ANYWAY, the head trainer thinks its probably an over-use injury. He also gave me the eye when I told him that I'm running the full marathon, not the half. So, I'm a bit worried about next weekend's 18-mile epic. It's on this week. Good sleep. Good food. Stretching. Icing. Etc.

Message to Breanne: I didn't feel like sending you a MySpace message, but to answer your question, yes, the Breeders Title TK is a high quality album. Not nearly as good as Last Splash, but then, what is? Secondly, I commend your selection of the Walkmen's "the Rat" as your MySpace music. I was really, really into that record in D.C. last year, and would often listen to it while I washed dishes or walked to Dupont Circle. It sounds like a true New York record, if you know what I mean, and sounded really great in D.C.

I saw the fine Minneapolis band Tapes N Tapes at an in-store appearance in Seattle yesterday. Good stuff. I talked to the bassist afterwards and asked him where every was *actually* from. He said South Mpls., Mound and somewhere else. One of the guys in the band hails from Eugene, Ore. So, technically, not all Twin Citians; not an insignificant detail. Their record is good, but I'm not sure it's deserving of all the hype and love and fanfare after South by Southwest. Apparently, they played eight shows in a span of a few days there, and were dubbed the new "it" band. I don't know, I'm not sure I buy that.

So, the photo at the top of this post appears to combine two of my interests: The Gossip and an actor from Roseanne. It appears to be Becky, oldest daughter of Dan and Roseanne Connor. Becky, confident, smart, marries her Fonzie-esque boyfriend (who OD'ed in real life, btw. I know, weird, right?) and runs off to Minnesota. Becky, played by two different actresses who get a shout out in folkster/Duluthian Jamie Ness' great song "Its Kinda Like a Banjo." I still watch Roseanne whenever it's on. And I listen to the Gossip all the time. That photo is truly the nexus of my universe of likes.

Today: nothing
Tomorrow: 60-minute walk

2 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Kristina said...

Not to split hairs and sound like a total copy editor, but I'm pretty sure Glenn Quinn, aka Mark Healy on Roseanne, died from an accidental overdose and did not intentionally take his life. Meanwhile, Johnny Galecki, who played Mark's younger brother David Healy (Darlene's boyfriend/husband), did not die, but his career sure did.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

oh man. oh MAN. that picture!!?!? we are seeing Beth in the flesh this Saturday! whoot!

also: "basic cable famous" is probably one of the most brilliant things you ever wrote me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home