Saturday, May 20, 2006

Against All Odds: I am number 262 Edition


Less Than 12 hours Until Start -- I picked up my race number today. It's 262. It was part of my race packet, which included a little black piece of plastic that my dad attached to my shoe. It will record my official start time and finish time. Way more high tech than I ever expected.

My parents and sister flew in yesterday morning, and we've been taking in Tacoma and Olympia. It's been great to have them here, and the weather's cooperated, for the most part.

I'm feeling fairly nervous about the race. My knee is feeling a bit better, but my right leg still aches. Only one more day until I can rest it for a good long while. That's what it needs to repair it for the long haul.

I'm glad the training group required me to run 22 miles a few weeks back. It makes running 26.2 miles seem doable. A while ago, a friend told me the longest she ran was 18 miles before she attempted the big race. She said it was a big mistake.

So, by the time many of you read this, I will be running in Olympia, finished and holding my medal or laying in the back of a racing ambulance. Just kidding on that last one. Well, maybe.

Today: Walk
Tomorrow: I will run a marathon.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

I can't belive it's finally happening! Thinking of you, big time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home