Sunday, May 21, 2006

Against All Odds: I Ran a Marathon Today Edition

So, I ran the marathon. My right knee hurt so badly that I can barely walk stairs today, but I made it.

My time was 5:10. Jeremy and I started really strong, running 9:30-10 minute miles for the first 10 miles or so. But then the wheels came off. At mile 15-16, it felt like someone was stabbing my knee with a knife. And Jeremy became dehydrated. The next 10 miles were hard fought, but we made it. We walked a lot, and took our time. And we finished.

My family ran with us around mile 22, and my sister, Angie, came with us all the way to the finish line. I'm really appreciated that.

I got a FINISHER shirt, a medal and a bum knee. Now, I'm a marathoner.

Thanks to everyone for reading, and posting comments and sending me postive emails. Now it's your turn to run a marathon or do something that you think you can't do.

paul













4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

omg you are absolutely the coolest guy in the world. I am totally in awe. And your legs look HOTT! Mm, mm, let me say it once again: too bad I'm not straight! ;^)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

wow.

thanks, Paul.

you rule.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Mike Kretzler said...

Congratulations! (Keep up the writing, but perhaps give your knee a rest.)

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Congratulations Paul!! You're so cool! And definitely an inspiration. Trying to come up with a goal for myself now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home