Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"Do I look like I drink drip coffee?"


A woman standing in front of me at Starbucks this morning was accidentally handed my grande Guatemalan coffee. She scoffed at the barista, "Do I look like I drink drip coffee?" Oh, snap! Sorry we all don't enjoy $6, sugar-laden, chai-loaded, labor-intensive chick drinks, lady. By the way, your haircut is unfortunate.

This has been a triumphant week for Minneapolis musicians of the 80s. First, the Replacements record a couple new songs for a great hits record. Now, Prince's new one lands at #1 on the charts. I have not heard it yet, but I read that only about half of it's good.

I ran for about 35-40 minutes tonight, but will not be working out tomorrow, per the trainer's instructions. The run was good, and my legs do not hurt like they did last week. I'm beginning to ready myself for Saturday's 18-mile run by eating a ton of food.

Today: 40 minute run
Tomorrow: nothing

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

The first thing I thought when I met Paul in January 2005 was, "This guy looks like he drinks drip coffee." Well, actually the first thing I thought was, "Man! Too bad I'm not 23 and straight!" But the drip coffee thing was definitely in the top 5 first thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home