Tuesday, April 25, 2006

And we're back...


I dropped off my friend Amanda at the airport this morning. She came out from Minnesota late Thursday and we hung out over the weekend. We had excellent, excellent weather. As is, 70 degrees, sunny, no clouds, no rain, etc. Awesome. Lots of walks, and we saw Thank You For Smoking, which rocks and features two appearances by my cousin's husband. (I was surprised. I get giddy when I see him in commercials or movies. FYI: He was in Ernest Goes to Camp(!))

Saturday's run was fine. Ran it in record time. My running buddy and I have sort of agreed on having a time goal for running the marathon -- three weeks from Saturday, by the way. We think we might have a shot at 4 hours and 30 minutes.

My body is feeling okay this week. My blisters are mostly healed from the 20-mile run. Just in time to get a whole new set of them Saturday! My legs feel okay, however, my lower right leg still sucks. I'm resigned to it not getting better until the training and race is over.

Today: walk
Tomorrow: 4 or 6 mile run

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Are you talking about your cousin Kristy McNichol's husband? How many famous cousins do you have, anyway?

If you run a marathon as fast as Oprah, I will be damned impressed. I'll be impressed anyway, but I'm talking damned impressed. Plus I'll start reading everything you tell me to read and will expect you to give me awesome gifts, like a new car or a laptop. http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40759

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger paul said...

You're right, poor man, it's Richard. Sorry, Kristina, he's not related to Kristy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home