Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sonic Youth: the only band that's ever mattered?


T minus two months until Sonic Youth releases its new one, Rather Ripped. Such an awesome album name. Hopefully it's in the vein of the band's recent stuff: more straight-ahead, more structured, more muscular, etc.

I haven't seen them since the 2002 Murray Street tour. Saw 'em at First Ave, and I think I went by myself for some reason. They played *really* early stuff when I caught them in '98 at St. Kate's in St. Paul -- Death Valley '69!

I read today that they're playing a couple West Coast dates with Pearl Jam this summer. Sadly, PJ is going solo for their Washington show. Oh, well, I'm not sure I'd want to put up with PJ fans and Vedder's moan in order to see the Youth.

I'll cross for fingers for a SY-only theater tour.

Today: nothing
Tomorrow: 60-minute walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home