Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hard won, but won nonetheless


I survived the 18-mile this morning in Olympia. My legs ache, and I'm tired, but I made it. My running buddy and I got lost in the woods near The Evergreen State College. There were at least two intersections involving the same two streets. How does that happen? Not sure. But we ran an extra 1/2 - 1 mile because of it. The back end of the run was pretty hilly, too, which really kicked our asses. But it didn't rain, we weren't the last ones to finish the run and we didn't pass out from exhaustion/the pain. That's success, in my book.

In other news, I heard the best three-song set ever in commercial radio history tonight.
1. Ramones, Rock and Roll High School
2. Madonna, Music
3. Guns, Welcome to the Jungle.
Sweet.

And speaking of Guns, here's a essay Klosterman wrote on the long-awaited new record: http://www.spin.com/reviews/magazine/2006/04/060323_gunsnroses/

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Paul, you are so kool.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger paul said...

Thanks, guys. And thank you for reading and responding.

-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home