Friday, April 28, 2006

Thank you, Comcast (sort of). Also, Ozzy doing "Mississippi Queen"?


9:25 a.m. The phone rings.

Me: Hello
Him: Hi, this is Alex from Comcast. How do I get up to your apartment?
Me: (Tells him how)
Him: I think I fixed your service already. Check your TV.
Me: (stumbles into living room, turns on TV and is greeted by Matt Lauer's confident smile, thinks to self that Lauer looks like Tim Pawlenty's doppelganger)
Him: Yeah, it looks like someone just unplugged your service.
Me: Pulled the plug? Why would they do that?
Him: I dunno.

A couple minutes later I signed a release form and we were done. The best cable company experience of my life. Much better than last fall when I told a Comcast rep that I would never, under any circumstances, ever let one of their contract employees into my home ever again. I don't want to get into it.

Anyway, 22 miles tomorrow. Eating a lot. Nervous about the run. Etc. Etc.

I heard a version of Ozzy singing "Mississippi Queen" over the PA at Safeway this morning when I swung in to pick up some groceries. Anybody know anything about this?

Today: 60-minute walk
Tomorrow: 22-mile run in Olympia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home